Friday, July 30, 2010

The book which enlightens




"Boy meets girl" is a cliche title to carry around and read in the public transport and even in school. Your kaypoh neighbours in the bus would peep into your book just like how our dear aunties and uncles like to peep from the office boy's "The newpaper" headline in the MRT. During Gems class today I took out the book again to pick up the storyline againwhile waiting for the lesson to start. Just as I was at my peak of my concentration, my classmate, Kenny who was sitting beside me asked, "Is that a love story that you're reading? What's is it about? Can I see the title" I was reluctant to say the title cos it is an hackneyed phrase.
But I tell you, I've never find myself reading a book so hungrily that I read 60 pages in a day. What interest me is not about how marvelous the love stories are, I'm looking more forward to see how the Master puts two together, how couples enjoy the journey of courtship and not dates. One thing that struck me the most about this book was about the "potential boyfriends or husbands". That paragraph was just there for me as I always have these categories in my mind which are useless. To be myself and naturally just like friends.
For those who have someone in mind like me, Don't hide your feelings from God cos He wants you to tell him how you feel. And lastly,
" Do not be anxious about anything, but everything in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"
Philippians 4:6-7
Blessings

No comments: